ERP International is seeking a Family Practice Physician for a full-time position supporting the Family Practice Clinic at Eglin AFB, FL. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding practice opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2022 Top Workplaces!
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Normal schedule is 9 hours between 6:30am and 5:30pm, including a one hour lunch. However, hours may exceed normal to finish appointments, up to 11 hours in a day.
May also be asked to work a rare Saturday (such as conducting annual school/sports physicals or annual air show) as determined by the clinic director.
Core Family Practice Physician Tasks:
• Adequately diagnose and treat a wide range of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases
• Provide outpatient health care to qualifying beneficiaries
• Maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family unit to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and community health
• Conduct patient examination by formulating differential diagnostic plans, defining orders, and diagnostic testing
• Interpret examinations findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans
• Consult and assist medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists
• Approve and disapprove subspecialty referrals
• Provide primary and secondary preventive maintenance care
• Prior experience with EMR preferred
• Maintain all records as required
Specific Eglin AFB Family Practice Physician Tasks:
• Perform a full range of physician services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF.
• Direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals within the scope of the clinical privileges or responsibilities.
• Examine, diagnose, treat or prescribe courses of treatment within the scope of training, experience, and privileges.
• Workload includes the evaluation and treatment of emergent, urgent, and nonemergent patients ranging in age as young as newborns to over 65 years.
• Provide preventive and health maintenance care, including annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills through education and counseling.
• Order diagnostic tests as applicable as well as request consultation or referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health resources as indicated.
• Technically proficient in directing and teaching other medical staff, providing educational lectures and participating in the provision of in-service training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and accepted clinical protocols.
• Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
• Shall perform peer review of a minimum of 10 routine cases per month
• Shall perform an average of 15 Performance Health Assessments (PHA) per month
• Shall perform an average of 5 Medical Evaluation Boards (MEB) per month
• Shall perform an average of 10 deployment clearances per month
• Documentation. Contractor employees shall prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established MTF standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and signature. Contractor employees shall only use MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations for documentation in the patient health records and follow the MTF's Do Not Use Abbreviation List. (AFI 44-172 / AFI 48-123, Medical Examinations and Standards, 5 November 2013)
• Medical Records Documentation. Health care providers shall complete medical records documentation within 72 business hours of the encounter with the patient.
• Coding. Contractor employees shall use the proper coding of procedures and treatment and shall maintain coding accuracy (CPT/E&M/procedure) at the same standard, 90% or higher, as military and civil service health care providers engaged in comparable work.
* Education: 1) MD or DO Degree, 2) Completion of a Family Practice Residency Program
* Experience: Minimum of 24 months experience within the last 36 months as a Family Practice Physician.
* Licensure: 1) Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician in any US State. 2) Must possess corresponding DEA Registration.
* Clinical Board Certification: Must be Board Certified in the specialty of Family Medicine.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess current AHA or ARC BLS Healthcare Provider, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are required.
* Security: Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.