Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Data Analyst Risk Associate: ExceptionsOne Team
As a Technology Principal Associate in Capital One's Enterprise Services Risk (ESR), you will apply your risk management skills to the company's Technology organization. You will partner across Enterprise Services, Divisional CIO, and Information Security teams to develop and support best-in-class industry risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders and associates. You will collaborate with both 1st and 2nd line teams to develop, monitor and provide oversight to risk management processes, including reporting compliance results with requirements for the Technology organization. Your contributions will support one of Capital One's key programs to transform our data ecosystem. Your work will drive insight into risk and control performance, and organizational change through risk identification, measurement, analysis and reporting to enable better management of technology risks in an open and collaborative environment.
The Technology Risk Management - ExceptionsOne Team, within Tech Risk, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Technology Risk Principal Associate. The ideal candidate will have strong risk-based thinking and data analysis skills as well as good organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), and overall project management responsibilities. This will be a challenging role in a dynamic and fast-paced environment requiring ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments appropriately. Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance, expertise, and assist in the coordination of the ExceptionsOne Program data analytic and reporting
- Oversee ExceptionsOne platform enhancements and technical requirements to ensure the platform is in compliance
- Demonstrate the ability to provide guidance, expertise, and support for on-going program and process improvements for exceptions management within the ServiceNow system
- Help manage the ExceptionsOne User Acceptance Testing and Production Testing schedule
- Partner closely with ExceptionsOne partners in monitoring and mitigation of technology risks
- Develop and publish all recurring reporting and dashboard across the different Program/Module within the ExceptionsOne platform
- Assist in the development of the roadmap and manage the plan for overall ExceptionsOne program
- Develop ExceptionsOne data documentation to include but not limited to, procedures, job aids, and new requirements
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filtering and cleaning data
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Educate stakeholders and drive the adoption of new processes associated with ExceptionsOne
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple levels
- Ability to negotiate and influence results without direct authority
- Strong consulting skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a Data, Information Technology, and/or Risk Management field
- At least 5 years of experience presenting across all levels of the enterprise, from technical to executive levels
- At least 5 years of experience in presenting to senior executives
- At least 5 years of experience in process, program, or project management
- At least 3 years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 2+ years of experience on cloud platforms
- 2+ years of Agile experience
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA
- 1+ year of experience with Confluence
- Experience as part of an agile team
- Experience with a GRC tool
- CRISC, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRCM, or CIPP Risk Management certification
- Working knowledge of Angular, Quicksight, and Agile Methodologies
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $127,092 - $149,940 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Risk & Analysis
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).