West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Creative Director - Premium Brand Creative
Capital One Brand Creative is looking for an experienced, innovative, strategic creative leader who has managed and led creative teams. You will inspire and drive change while developing and executing world-class, effective creative strategies for a range of print and digital channels, including email, web, direct mail, display, video, and social media. You know the formula for developing brand-building, breakthrough creative that drives results, is on target, and on brand. You will keep the team ahead of the curve and build future creative talent and leaders. What you'll do:
Who you are:
- Lead and inspire the team to develop strategically-grounded, insight-driven creative for our Capital One Premium Brands and Products.
- Manage creative talent (Art Directors, Graphic Designers and Copywriters) including a mix of full-time associates, contractors, and agencies.
- Empower and inspire full-time associates through coaching and help them develop in their careers.
- Collaborate with marketing strategists and internal business clients to understand consummate needs, positively influencing marketing strategy and the customer experience in the Premium space.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of brand development, advertising and marketing trends and translate business intent into creative strategies and executions that market products effectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intended audience; interpret market research and test results, and use findings to shape creative strategies and focused targeted marketing messages.
- Build and maintain relationships with a network of partner groups (digital, operations, legal, etc.) to anticipate and proactively address obstacles and establish Brand Creative as a strategic thought partner.
- Lead work through agency partners to execute stellar creative that is on brief, on brand and on strategy.
- Present and influence with a convincing and inspiring style to increase buy-in and open the door for new opportunities - both for your team and department.
You want to be an EVIDENCE-BASED MARKETER who... As an INDIVIDUAL :
As a LEADER :
- Your curiosity is endless. There's always something else to learn.
- You're flexible and not afraid of change-in fact you welcome the challenge.
- You share your point of view, but seek out what might be missing and listen.
- You have big ideas and know the best ones are driven by proof, persistence and patience.
- You're a storyteller. You simplify the complex and compel your audience to act.
- You know how to enjoy yourself. While fun isn't mandatory, it certainly seems to follow you.
- You care-about the work, your team and the customers you serve.
- You value authenticity over perfection. You lead with empathy, vulnerability and honesty.
- You deeply invest in understanding the humans around you.
- You say what needs to be said and work hard to find the right words.
- You're an expert. You also know when you're not and need to find one.
- You use all this - to make things happen, create amazing work and inspire others.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a creative role (Art Direction, Copywriting, UX/UI, Associate Creative Direction or related field)
- Creative portfolio that includes produced work for large, integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience with premium brands within the travel, entertainment, and dining space
- At least 5 years of experience as an Associate Creative Director or Creative Director
- Experience at a large in-house creative team
- Experience working with a Fortune 100 brand
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).