Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Data Engineer
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking Data Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies. As a Capital One Data Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team responsible for building data pipelines. You should have experience with traditional and modern technologies such as NoSQL databases, Python, REST API, relational databases, Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Git, Powershell scripting, and AWS. You should be proficient in performing Tableau Server Administration. Having a working knowledge of BI tools is an advantage.
What You'll Do:
- Tableau Server Management
- Creating and maintaining a backup plan for data that includes storing backups to AWS S3
- Planning Your Tableau Server Deployment, Management of Users, Content, and Data Sources
- Training new users on how to use Tableau software, including best practices for interacting with data
- Managing user permissions to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive data
- Performing regular maintenance on servers to ensure optimal performance
- Monitoring network activity to ensure that no unauthorized access has been gained to company data
- Performing regular backups of data to prevent loss due to system failure or human error
- Providing support for IT issues that are related to Tableau software, such as installing updates or troubleshooting problems
- Working with development teams to ensure that new features or integrations are compatible with existing infrastructure
- Performing regular maintenance on workstations to ensure optimal performance
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience with Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop and Tableau API
- At least 2 years of experience using database management tools (SQL)
- At least 1 year of experience creating data visualizations using Tableau
- At least 1 year of experience using relational database systems (Snowflake, PostgreSQL, or MySQL)
- At least 1 year of experience in software development using Python
- At least 1 year of experience building data pipelines and using ETL tools
- 3+ years of experience in application development including Python, SQL, Scala, or Java
- 2+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 3+ years experience with Distributed data and computing tools (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, EMR, Kafka, Spark, Gurobi, or MySQL)
- 2+ year experience working on real-time data and streaming applications
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra)
- 2+ years of data warehousing experience (Redshift or Snowflake)
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).