Westat's 9-week summer internship experiences will be hosted virtually, or on-site at our U.S. office-based locations.
Our interns can expect to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. The program will begin on Monday, June 5, 2023, and end on August 4, 2023.
During the summer internship program, you will be assigned a project deliverable and will present during the final week of the program.
You will also attend educational programs and networking events.
This position may be remote or based on-site in Rockville, Maryland. The pay rate for this role is $25/hr.
Interns are responsible for securing their own housing should they select an on-site role.
Westat is seeking an intern to participate in nationally significant epidemiologic studies working with government scientists from CDC in COVID-19 and influenza vaccine effectiveness research. This individual will assist in managing the day-to-day activities of ongoing research including liaising with study sites, and the collection, processing, and analysis of health data.
• Working with clients, study collaborators and project staff in their work to estimate flu and COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness.
• Hosting meetings with study collaborators and project staff.
• Undertaking independent research into topics of interest pertaining to the events-based or person-time based EHR datasets.
• Assisting with day-to-day project management including note taking and meeting management and liaising with internal and external collaborators.
• Currently enrolled in a Master's of Public Health program
• Experience using SAS or other statistical software packages
• Data management and analysis experience
• Strong communication skills
• Administrative abilities
• The ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a team setting