Dewberry is currently seeking an experienced Marketing Manager
for the Federal Market with more than 15 years of experience in the AEC industry to be an integral part of the Marketing team. This position supports Federal Marketing efforts across all Dewberry entities. The ideal candidate is an energetic, market-focused professional who can work both independently and within a team environment and has supervisory of staff experience. The Federal Marketing Manager will implement pursuit win strategies for federal pursuit/capture efforts, as well as perform marketing, sales lifecycle, and capture-related functions in a fast-paced environment. Skills include: planning, organization, problem identification and resolution, and management abilities.
- Remote position with occasional travel to Fairfax, VA
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than 60 years.
- Supervises direct reporting staff and manages hiring, interviewing, career development, onboarding, and training of staff.
- Work in tandem with Federal Leadership in pipeline building, market research, competitor analysis, client intelligence, determining capture win strategies, identifying client gaps, crafting sales messages, and helping assemble capture teams
- Execute federal sales lifecycle process from Market Research through Capture Development, including goal setting, group assessment, and strategic planning
- Perform market research and identify long lead opportunities that align with federal market strategy
- Provide leadership and capture guidance, including oversight of full lifecycle of the capture preparation process for technical proposals, business proposals, qualification packages and oral presentations
- Support with staff workload management and coordination
- Serve as a proposal manager for complex pursuits, with assistance from coordinator
- Develop and review federal capture plans and pursuit strategies
- Collaborate with communications on strategic external and internal promotions campaigns
- Involvement in federal corporate initiatives
- Deliver sufficient sales acumen and strong knowledge of Dewberry federal portfolio to represent the firm appropriately with teaming partners, subcontractors and clients
- Experience in working with and managing data and reports in a CRM system
- Write supporting sales and marketing material, as needed
- Manage time appropriately and flexibly to meet all pursuit deadlines, with overtime as needed
- Actively participate in meetings regarding company-wide related marketing initiatives
- Support federal, corporate strategic pursuits, assisting with strategy, theme development, and other pursuit-related activities
- Review federal sales results and marketing costs on a monthly basis
- Report to Federal Marketing Director
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 15 years of experience managing federal capture efforts for A/E firm
- Understands capture lifecycle and manages/oversees all capture related activities for client-aligned specific opportunities
- Supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Experience preparing multiple types of federal proposals and interviews for a variety of clients
- Excellent writing and editing skills are required
- Excellent time management skills are required
- Extensive MS Office experience is required
- Prior experience managing marketing staff preferred and ability to conduct performance reviews, mentoring, training, and other management duties are required
- Interpersonal and effective communication skills are critical for working on multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in InDesign, desktop publishing or graphics software preferred
- Prior web research experience preferred, familiarity with A/E research sites (GovWin, BGov, etc.)
- Position involves working overtime (i.e. working more than 40 hours) as necessary to meet all pursuit deadlines
- Ability to travel as required to support captures
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employees. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.