- Washington D.C.
- Jan 12, 2023
- Feb 16, 2023
- Administrative, Management
- Career Level
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff)
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a dynamic Events Manager to manage the organization of in person, virtual and hybrid events which serve to broadly disseminate IFPRI’s research findings and recommendations, engage with partner organizations and shape the public discourse on issues related to global food security and sustainable food systems. IFPRI has organized more than 70 events in 2021 and 2020 and consistently attracts large, global audiences.
The successful candidate will report to the Communications and Public Affairs (CPA) Division Director and spearhead CPA’s event management team, which includes one events coordinator who will be a direct report, and other members of CPA. S/he will also work closely with IFPRI researchers and outside partners on event planning and execution. This position is a one year, exempt, renewable appointment based in Washington, DC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
IFPRI events for external audiences
- Manage development and execution of IFPRI-wide in person, virtual and hybrid events Manage the promotion/marketing of events to expand audiences (webpage, invitations, social media) Develop engaging and interactive event programs, using innovative tools to attract and engage target audiences Develop and implement strategies for enhancing the visibility and impact of IFPRI-wide events Establish and monitor KPIs, and monitor external event trends to inspire and improve IFPRI events Develop conference series with key partners and organizations
Facilitate IFPRI participation in external events
- Facilitate and plan IFPRI side events at important international and regional events Secure speaker slots for IFPRI researchers
- Organize IFPRI townhalls Lead and manage the program development, planning and execution of IFPRI’s annual retreat
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of event-relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 7 years of related professional experience in an international development organization Experience developing, promoting, and running large events Technical knowledge on running virtual meetings on multiple platforms Outstanding written communications skills, including presentation and talking points preparations Outstanding oral communications skills, including public speaking/moderating Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members with commitment to quality service Fluent English and working knowledge of a foreign language.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will stand and/or walk for more than four (4) hours on a given day.
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity