The Markets, Trade and Institution Division of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Program Manager I. This position is a 1 -year, renewable appointment based in Washington, DC. USA. The candidate will support the management of research projects on innovative solutions to improve food security at a global level, as well as improving the capacity of low- and middle-income countries food systems to address the challenges of climate change.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: Assist IFPRI researchers to present their capabilities to potential sponsors. Assist in the preparation of proposals that meet the requirements of sponsors. Assist researchers to evaluate and select collaborators. Identify staffing and support requirements. Assure that contract documents are prepared and properly signed. Prepare program budgets in format required by sponsors. Monitor level of effort and expenditure of resources against program budgets. Track and coordinate labor allocation across tasks. Assure that invoices are submitted to program sponsors in a timely manner. Manage relationships with program sponsors. Prepare and submit financial reports in a timely manner. Audit expenses to assure proper use of financial resources provided by sponsors. Prepare program work plans, program calendar, and timelines. Communicate program requirements and deliverables to researchers and collaborators. Coordinate arrangements and logistics for program meetings. Prepare and maintain inventories, annotated bibliographies, and program website. Supervise program support staff. Plan and organize program workshops and training. Assist in the preparation of reports and presentations. Assure that program reports and other deliverables are submitted as required. Communicate research findings to external audiences as appropriate. Respond to requests for information about research programs. Maintain program minutes and related materials.
- Master’s degree in the research discipline or business management plus three years of relevant professional experience following the degree.
- Knowledge of research methodologies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Strong writing skill.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with food, climate change, nutrition, agricultural and/or rural development issues. Proficiency in Spanish. High level of expertise in MS Excel. Familiarity with project management tools and platforms. Familiarity with webpage design
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity