Talent Acquisition Specialist (22-168)
- Washington D.C.
- Jan 11, 2023
- Feb 15, 2023
- Administrative, Human Resources
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Talent Acquisition Specialist to successfully manage the full-cycle recruitment of open positions in a fast-paced global non-profit. The incumbent will assist with other activities that support HR departmental and organizational objectives.
This is a one-year, full-time, exempt, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC. We are currently working on a hybrid model of 2 days per week in the office and 3 days remote.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with hiring managers and search committees to identify and attract highly qualified diverse candidates for open positions using creative and diverse sourcing techniques such as social media, seminars, conferences, universities, and networks/networking events. Together with the Head of Human Resources, develop recruitment strategies to meet the talent needs and unique requirements of open positions Ensure a diverse talent pool is sourced, assessed, and presented for open positions Facilitate the recruitment process, effectively interviewing and evaluating candidates utilizing consistent criteria and evaluative measures Advise hiring managers on job offers and salary recommendations. Extend, negotiate, and close job offers to candidates. Build relationships with leadership and staff at-large Ensures HR processes are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Ensure EEO and recruiting practices are consistently administered throughout the hiring process and documented in the appropriate manner Provide recommendations about the recruitment process to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Work with divisions to identify the need for promotions, upgrades, and changes to positions. Assist managers and staff in responding to employment concerns. Assist with the annual EEO and AAP compliance process. Prepare documentation, compiles data, and maintains records for reporting. Participate in audits when required. Coordinate of requests for temporary employees, and related services. Participate in special HR projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at 5 years or Master’s degree plus 3 years of relevant professional experience preferably in Human Resources. Demonstrated positive and proactive approach to delivery of services with a strong service-orientation. Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and show attention to detail and ability to follow through. Ability to work independently and multi-task under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to work as an active, collaborative and participatory member of a team. Willingness to cross-train in order to back-up other HR functional team members. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision Strong communication, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of US labor laws, practices and regulations, particularly with regards to recruitment and talent management.
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
At IFPRI, we prioritize the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent COVID-19 variants, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.