Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Process Management Risk Advisor
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk and process management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, risk management, project management, and communication skills. These skills allow us to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence our business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever-changing technology landscape, so do our risk managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws / regulations, processes and associated controls, and good risk management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Risk Managers have a broad level of exposure across the lines of business and have the opportunity to work with the business to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within Enterprise Services. The demands and high-visibility nature of this position require an expert with a proven ability to workindependently in a fast-paced environment and who can begin contributing immediately.
As a Risk Manager in the Enterprise Services Risk Office you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and consult on potential risks to Capital One. In the Enterprise Services Risk Office, we are the first line of defense to help ensure our Company remains well-managed and avoid unnecessary risk. In this position, you will play a key role in enhancing our risk management processes across Capital One and driving project and program delivery. You will collaborate closely with associates across all lines of defense, Lines of Businesses, and other risk management teams to perform and support the work related to further maturing risk management practices. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Perform the role of a process management risk advisor and leverage subject matter knowledge to drive value and informed process level assessments
- Possess risk management experience and knowledge of processes, risks, controls
- Build and analyze risk profiles, and engage in Second-line Risk Management challenges
- Understand the risk profile as assessed by the business and other controls to identify trends and potential control gaps
- Provide an independent, objective view of the business and/or function control environment, mitigation strategies and emerging risks
- Provide guidance to the business areas in risk management principles in accordance with Enterprise frameworks
- Assess and manage follow-up on key risks associated with new business initiatives and change management activities
- Maintain awareness of risk and control issues within the business areas
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide business direction on opportunities for improvement
- Foster effective partnerships and collaborate with business and risk management partners
- Participate in risk and other management forums and contribute to continuous improvement of risk and project / program management practices
- Support direction, manage expectations, and may support/lead cross-functional teams through various initiatives, including oversight of third party resources
- Support interactions with Internal Audit and Regulatory agencies related to our work, as applicable
- Participate in and execute other special projects for the team on a periodic basis
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of risk management, compliance, legal, regulatory or operations experience
- At least 2 years of direct team lead or management experience
- At least 4 years of experience supporting internal business area
- At least 2 years of experience with Information Security or Technology Policies, Standards, or Procedures
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 4+ years of project or program management experience
- 4+ years of agile or design thinking experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, customer focus, and ability to collaborate and influence across teams to deliver
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations, and lead a cross-functional team
- 1+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance software tools
- 1+ years of experience in controls development, controls management, and reporting activities
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $154,905 - $182,753 for Manager, Cyber Risk & Analysis
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).