Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Distinguished Engineer, Rewards Platform (Remote Eligible)
Do you have a passion for evaluating the latest technologies to ensure product reliability and resilience, while rapidly scaling systems to meet demand? As a Distinguished Engineer at Capital One, you will develop a robust technical architecture strategy that supports fully integrated solutions in a regulated environment. You'll work on everything from customer facing web and mobile applications using cutting edge open source frameworks, to highly available RESTful microservices, to back end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. Acting as an internal consultant to the business, the ideal candidate will provide solutions that are strategic to enterprise technical standards as well as business needs. Utilizing in-depth knowledge of infrastructure, application development and software development methodologies, you will develop buy-in to the strategy and monitor execution toward target architecture for our Rewards redemption and servicing capabilities, while improving standards and governance processes. As a leader, the ideal candidate will mentor enterprise architects across the organization, ensuring tight alignment to architecture standards and principles.
Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive to be diverse in thought so we visualize the problem space. At Capital One, we believe diversity of thought strengthens our ability to influence, collaborate and provide the most innovative solutions across organizational boundaries. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact our trajectory and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions.
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Build awareness, increase knowledge and drive adoption of modern technologies, sharing consumer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others' ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for a specific technology, platform or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an unified manner
- Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One's Tech talent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience with solution architecture or software engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with public cloud technologies
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology
- 9+ years of experience with solution architecture or software engineering
- 4+ years of experience with AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $260,592 - $307,440 for Distinguished Engineer
Location is San Francisco, California: $276,034 - $325,658 for Distinguished Engineer
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $220,854 - $260,558 for Distinguished Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).