NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Sr. Risk Associate - Commercial Bank
Do you like working in the spotlight? Are you ready to work on the front line of a top 10 Bank? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? As a Senior Risk Associate in the Commercial Risk Office at Capital One you'll be responsible for working with business partners to identify and mitigate potential risks to Capital One. Senior Risk Associates at Capital One are the front line of defense to ensure our Company remains stable and profitable.
Senior Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the company. Responsibilities:
- Risk Consulting to one or more Business Areas relative to their business lines and provide advice and guidance as required
- Deliver materials requested in audits and exams with various stakeholders across the lines of defense
- Client Management - Develop and leverage key relationships with stakeholders that enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Corrective action - Identify and track events and issues to mitigate risk to Capital One. Coordinate with applicable business areas to define/implement remediation activities
- Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Support Risk Advisors with ad-hoc deliverables and investigations
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Financial Services, Risk Management, or Operations experience
- At least 1 year of Project Management experience
- 2 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- 2 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with the Google Suite (i.e. Google Docs, Sheets and Slides)
- Commercial Bank experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $96,254 - $113,558 for Sr. Risk Associate
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).