Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a qualified individual to work with a multidisciplinary research team on a variety of health information technology (IT) research and technical support projects for federal government clients. Westat's health IT research, implementation, and policy portfolio is focused on support of innovative approaches to advancing interoperability in the use of electronic health records (EHRs), developing and testing standards for health data exchange such as Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), and evaluating the impact of health IT.
• Providing technical assistance to support health IT implementation projects in clinical settings.
• Reviewing technical documentation on health IT standards (e.g., HL7) and policy.
• Designing and conducting evaluation studies of health IT impact in a variety of settings and contexts.
• Conducting systematic literature reviews and environmental scans on health IT topics.
• Summarizing health IT research findings into messages, tools and resources to help disseminate research to target audiences.
• Developing agendas and facilitating internal and external meetings, webinars, and large conference calls involving clients, experts and stakeholders.
• Writing research white papers or articles for journal publications.
• Writing meeting or call notes and managing follow through of action items.
• Project or task management experience demonstrating the ability to lead work activities.
• A master's degree in public health, social sciences, engineering or a related field
• At least 5 years of work experience in relevant areas.
• Previous experience working on health IT implementation projects in clinical settings including FHIR, analyzing health IT policy and/or standards, and/or conducting analysis of EHR data, and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Excellent attention to detail and must be comfortable and effective working independently on multiple, complex tasks while closely coordinating with other team members.
• Skillful using MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.