Business Development Director - eClinical and DCT US Remote
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee — from entry level through top executive — to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly. Primary Purpose
The Emmes Company, LLC is searching for a Business Development Director located anywhere in the United States to sell our Advantage eClinical Cloud Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system to biotech and pharmaceutical companies, other CRO's, and universities. This Business Development Director position requires a candidate with experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or CRO client account management and business development, and who possesses a deep understanding of the Drug Development continuum and the EDC product market. Responsibilities
• Achieves annual sales plan for EDC product
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan
• Establishes, nurtures, and grows client relationships at senior levels
• Develops account plans and partnerships with accounts
• Provides regular sales activity reports to management
• Follows up promptly on leads
• Provides general market and key competitor intelligence
• Interacts well with IT software developers and IT operations, as well as our proposals, marketing and other Emmes Business Development Directors
• Sells the product's capabilities and differentiates Advantage eClinical from competitors
• Identifies the right "win strategy" for individual opportunities and client partnerships
• Sets and manages customer expectations
• Collaborates with company resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
• Organizes and hosts client visits and bid defenses
• Participates in proposal scope development
• Evaluates proposals and quotations for product and ensures both client and company requirements are met
• Uses CRM tool to manage internal communications and document client information
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting
• Ability to travel 50% of the timeExperience
• Bachelor's degree in scientific or business field, advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years sales experience in providing CRO products or services to the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or academic market segments with direct experience in account management and interaction with mid-level and executive-level decision makers
• Has a deep network of biotech, pharmaceutical, and CRO IT or data management contacts
• Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow, and retain client base
• Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
• Strong working relationships with internal operations, IT, and business staffEmmes is a federal government contractor and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares
community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
CONNECT WITH US!
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.