Program Manager, Member Affiliate Communications
- Rockville, Maryland
- Salary Range (Non-Negotiable): $61,285 - $68,094 https://www.asha.org/careers/asha-jobs/benefits/
- Jan 05, 2023
- Feb 07, 2023
- Administrative, Communications
- Associations, Nonprofit
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
This position is responsible for working to recruit new individuals into the ASHA Assistants Certification program and for continuing engagement and renewal efforts among currently certified ASHA Assistants. The Program Manager will provide input and programmatic support for Assistant-focused resources and engagement opportunities, working closely with cross-functional teams to support ASHA’s strategic objectives.
In addition, the position will be responsible for effectively communicating with ASHA members and other affiliates via specific member/affiliate-facing campaigns to drive engagement and satisfaction rates. The position will work with the Membership Cluster and liaison with other appropriate clusters around member and affiliated-focused outreach, with a specific emphasis on and responsibility for marketing and engagement campaigns for the ASHA Assistant Certification Program.
Occasional travel may be required.
- Manage ASHA’s Assistant Certification Program email, social media, website, and blog content; identify content needs and develop content, develop and maintain social media strategy and guidelines, increase engagement.
- Market the benefits of the Assistant Certification Program and volunteer opportunities to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in the production of effective recruitment and collateral materials employing data analysis, creativity, marketing, and communication and editing skills.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Membership and Communication, and Membership Cluster in implementing strategies to maximize the recruitment and retention of diverse audiences, including International Affiliates, and targeted member cohorts.
- Work with the Chief Staff Officer for Speech-Language Pathology to manage the Assistants Mentoring Program and corresponding online community.
- Works with rest of Membership Cluster in assisting with communication for the annual dues-renewal process for the Association. Function as a backup for this crucial process.
- Serve as administrator for ASHA Assistants social media accounts (Facebook group and Twitter)
- Work closely Digital Communications Cluster to promote ASHA Assistant Certification via social media.
- Serve on a variety of staff working groups related to supervision and assistants as well as other cross-functional teams to ensure the membership perspective is represented.
- Work with Surveys & Analysis team to conduct biannual Assistants survey
- Provide administrative support to ASHA’s Committee of Ambassadors, as needed.
- Participates in the triage of routine member phone calls and emails.
- Other communication responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, communications, marketing, or related field.
- Knowledge of association membership marketing preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in content development, marketing, communications, and program management.
- Demonstrated understanding of data management and analysis.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Basic data management and analysis ability.
- Specific computer skills include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media communications, platforms, and content development.
- Experience with social media management tools (e.g. Sprout Social, HootSuite, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of web content management.
- A broad knowledge of health care, education, and/or science.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to work well within teams; demonstrated ability to interact and establish rapport with executives and professionals in a team environment.
- Ability to function effectively with all levels of staff, both independently and within a team environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to organize and prioritize multiple and varied projects and tasks.