US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking a Systems Administration, Analyst (Mid-Tier Administrator - Intermediate)
to work with a Federal Client in Radford, VA. This role is responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier at this client. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in UNIX and Windows environments. Position Requirements:
Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering the mid-tier at this client. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring Application and Web Servers, Portals, and associated software products and operating system configuration in UNIX and Windows environments. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Must have 1-3 years of experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, IIS or JBOSS. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support of these technologies in Dev, Test and Prod environments; assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the middleware technologies; assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages; automating administration tasks. Responsible for maintaining security standards in the mid-tier and ensuring all systems and applications meet ALTESS and ARMY security requirements. Responsible for development and maintenance of mid-tier system monitoring and administrative dashboards to ensure a proactive approach to system management. Responsibilities
- Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
- Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow
- Periodic review of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Documenting common knowledge for future team use into Records Management tool
- Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
- 1-3 years of experience in application server management using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS or similar enterprise mid-tier management tool
- Knowledge of Application Server architecture in a large enterprise environment using WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS or similar class server systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX and Windows administrations skills
- Ability to communicate to external customers in a professional manner
- Background in a Web Application Server environment in a substantially large enterprise
- Experience with automating maintenance tasks in an IT Configuration Management, Deployment & Orchestration tool such as Ansible/Puppet/CHEF
- Experience with Powershell
- Understanding of application network architectures to troubleshoot firewall and port issues
- Understanding of SSL
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) - can be waived for 90 days after project join date
- 5 years of professional experience with a Bachelor's degree
- 7 years of professional experience with an Associate's degree
- US Citizenship
- Per federal guidelines, you may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or willingness to obtain vaccination.
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, maintain project schedules and manage tasks to ensure completion of projects within the established schedules
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
Secret Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.