- Advance Design & Manufacturing Corp
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- $24/hr - $36/hr
- Jan 03, 2023
- Feb 07, 2023
- Construction and Skilled Trades
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Full Time
Advance Design & Manufacturing Corporation (ADM) is a woman-owned, precision metal fabrication shop & office located in Fairfax County, Virginia. ADM specializes in machining parts for the aerospace, defense, telecommunication, and medical industries. ADM is committed to cultivating an operating environment in which employees are well-treated and the quality of the finished product is excellent, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set up manual and CNC equipment without supervision.
- Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds as needed.
- Utilize measuring equipment used in the industry such as calipers, micrometers, height gage and other measuring equipment needed to complete work.
- Perform first part inspection and in process inspections.
- Utilize production work orders and documents.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials and/or faulty operations to supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) required
- Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in Engineering-related Technologies, Vocational Home Economics, Construction Trades, Mechanics and Repairers, Precision Production Trades)
- Prior experience as a Machinist/CNC Operator preferred
- Knowledge of CNC equipment capability and daily maintenance requirements
- Ability to use measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers and other inspection gauges
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, and dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
Applicants email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org