Human Resources Coordinator
- Arnold & Porter
- Washington D.C.
- Jan 03, 2023
- Feb 07, 2023
- Human Resources
- Full Time
Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Coordinator in Washington, DC office. The HR Coordinator will assist with onboarding, support internal HR related initiatives and perform general administrative tasks within the HR department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing FMLA payroll authorizations.
- Tracking and electronic filing staff departure paperwork.
- Entering data into the leave software.
- Handling all the electronic filing for FMLA and personnel files including creating new hire personnel files.
- Preparing leave of absence communications.
- Processing staff employment verifications.
- Preparing monthly ARC ratios.
- Updating the Firm’s organizational charts.
- Processing unemployment claims.
- Assisting with survey requests.
- Administering the new hire orientation process including preparing new hire schedules, sending calendar invites, updating new hire packets and conducting new hire orientation.
- Assisting with planning HR quarterly meetings.
- Assisting with Staff Appreciation Week and other events hosted by the HR department.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of office experience.
- Experience in a law firm, corporate or professional environment preferred.
- A minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.