Automation Project Manager
- PEG LLC
- Fairfax, Virginia
- Commensurate Upon Experience
- Jan 03, 2023
- Feb 07, 2023
- Specialty Trades
- Career Level
- Manager (Manager / Supervisor of Staff)
- Full Time
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is in need of a self-managed, driven, and experienced Automation Project Manager to manage all automation processes that affect multiple departments within the organization. The ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, and self-motivated with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time efficiently with limited oversight.
Automation Technology functions in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. The qualified candidate must recognize the significance of working efficiently while constantly staying on top of new technology, updates, and the evolution of automation processes within the company. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills which will be essential in communicating with multiple personalities, different career specialties, and levels of management.
This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Manage and take ownership of automation processes that are currently in place
- Responsible for analyzing company and user needs to develop possible solutions through the use of automation
- Constantly challenge all automation processes within the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce operating time
- Update current automation processes as technology updates and evolves
- Perform maintenance on existing software programs, as required, to ensure that programs are working efficiently
- Develop code, test, and debug new software or enhancements/updates to existing software
- Collaborate with PEG Operations to assist in the implementation of new software programs including but not limited to formulating software requirements and program specifications to fit the need of the company and their users
- Assist in transforming software designs and specifications into high-functioning code in the appropriate language
- Build new workstations, for office and remote employees, to ensure that employees have the necessary equipment
- Maintain existing workstations, as needed, and keep an inventory of all company technology equipment
- Oversee Mobile Device Management including issuing out devices to new hires, replacing devices, exchanging devices through insurance, and keeping updated records in Meraki
- Update Company Technology Equipment Policies for all employees (Office, Remote, & Field)
- Work with PEG staff, either face-to-face, via email, or over the telephone, to help set up technology and/or resolve issues
- Responsible for coordinating IT support requests (internally and with IT Contractor) while documenting resolution steps and actions taken to assist in preventing similar problems from occurring in the future
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and consulting with vendors for hardware/software purchases, product services, and support
- Work with IT Contractor and PEG Operations to install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications and train end-users on how to set up and use new technologies
- Work with IT Contractor and PEG Operations to troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Contribute to team effort by cross-training in multiple departments to assist in the completion of project deadlines, as needed
- Assist Administrative Division, as needed, in answering phone calls
- Carry out other administrative tasks as needed such as mail distribution (USPS/FedEx), processing documents (i.e. letters, correspondence, reports, agendas, minutes), maintaining records with effective filing systems, and other related items.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 2 years experience building and maintaining largescale reliable software systems
- Demonstrated ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation (requirements, system design, interface control documents, security, etc.)
- Minimum of three years of experience in a user-facing Tier II/III deskside support, system administration, or systems engineering role
- Strong experience with modern Windows based systems
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft Office Suite, Office365 administration, licensing, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint
- Working experience with Smartphones (iPhone and/or Mobile Device Management platforms preferred).
- Familiarity with IT technologies such as networking, security, backup and recovery, and VPN
- Must have strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently, responsibly, and sincerely to address employees' needs as quickly as possible.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required
- Must have Full lifecycle application development including but not limited to designing, coding, and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Must be able to integrate software with existing systems.
- Must have development experience with some of the following languages or platforms: SaaS, SharePoint Workforce, Microsoft Power Automation, API, Low Code Solutions, Java, etc.
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events • Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.