Job Title: Leasing Coordinator
Reports To: Assistant Director-Housing Services
Location: College Park, MD
Compensation: $20.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a university.
The Leasing Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director-Housing Services with all leasing and lease transfer activities, marketing efforts, and housing processes for a student apartment community. Duties include but are not limited to data entry, file creation and management, reception, assistance with tours, tabling, and other marketing efforts, leasing appointments and project-based work. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through in-person, online and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides information and publications about leasing, lease transfer and other occupancy issues to leasing stakeholders including prospective and current residents, parents, guarantors, etc.
- Communicates with various stakeholders via email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Answers basic questions from residents and refers appropriately to other departments for non-basic questions.
- Maintains a positive office environment, ensuring that office cleanliness and organization is maintained and that all resources are appropriately updated and available for prospective and current residents and other stakeholders.
- Assists with all property processes including move-in, move-out, inspections, and all marketing (info sessions, tours, tabling, marketing surveys) and leasing events (Apartment selection, traditional leasing/lease transfer appointments).
- Completes all aspects of leasing/lease transfer appointments, including resident file creation and maintaining documentation regarding leasing/lease transfer appointments.
- Maintains resident information in various housing databases including Property Boss and Star Rez.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's Degree
- Professional work experience is welcome, not required.
- Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. All must be accomplished in English.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Other Skills and Abilities - Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier, fax, and telephone. Basic typing and filing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in both oral and written manners. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is usually performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The work environment is mid to high paced. The ability to work overtime during key operational times is necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination, including boosters when eligible, will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Competitive benefits package, including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and 401K.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
If you are unable to apply because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact COCM Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond to your request for assistance as soon as possible.
To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on qualifications, and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.