West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Senior Manager, Product Management - Data Products
Do you subscribe to the mantra that data is king? Well at Capital One, data is at the core of everything we do, whether that is building the next great financial product or understanding how and where people use credit. We have been relentlessly innovating since our inception. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers. If you are a dreamer, innovator, visionary, and leader, then this is the place for you.
We're looking for an experienced data product manager to join our team to help build a customer master that will transform how we collect, store and consume our commercial client data. You will have the opportunity to help with vision, strategy and drive prioritization and will lead an agile team to build on this vision. What will you do?
You will have the opportunity to work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers, engineers, data scientists & analysts to build breakthrough experiences and data products that solve our users' most critical needs. As a Product Owner, you will play a critical role in achieving our strategy to build a customer master that will transform how we collect, store and consume our commercial client data that drive our business forward.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Establish vision, strategy & success metrics for the customer data master and be accountable for the full product lifecycle
- Engage with associates across all Commercial business including users, business stakeholders & product partners to identify data needs, uses & its movement across CML.
- Create & maintain product roadmaps, in conjunction with the Senior Product Manager, and coordinate with teams for execution (Tech, Data Analysts, Designers, Business Stakeholders, Change Management)
- Develop detailed product specifications, scenarios, acceptance criteria and success measures - like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility, usability via tools, data grain and frequency.
- Manage & Prioritize Feature and story backlog within the pod to track development.
- Support end-user go-live/launch activities as needed (end-user training, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Understanding of how data products solve for analytical and operational use cases
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- A bias to action and a proven track record of shipping successful products which exceed user expectations
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Strategic thinking and ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills who can explain complex data problems to all audiences
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of digital product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 5+ years of experience leading Agile teams to launch data products
- 5+ years translating business strategy and data analysis into digital products
- Basic programming and algorithm development experience
- Familiarity with open-source tools
- Experience in designing and creating the architecture of Client Relationship Management or Master Data Management solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $188,814 - $222,758 for Sr. Mgr, Product Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).