Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Emerging Technology IntelligenceSUMMARY :
Capital One is one of the world's leading software companies and a forward-thinking, strategy-driven company. We are looking for someone who embodies these two capabilities to build out our newly created 'Emerging Technology Intelligence' function - which focuses on harnessing the power of emerging technologies to keep Capital One at the forefront of technology and banking.ABOUT CAPITAL ONE :
Capital One is building one of the world's leading software companies. It's audacious work on a massive scale and it's incredibly rewarding. The Emerging Technology Intelligence team sets the vision and pace for the Company on emerging technologies, partnering with our CIO Rob Alexander and technology and product leadership across lines of business. Our technology transformation is widely admired, with a mobile app that was rated #1 by JD Power. We are one of the only Fortune 150 companies that's fully on public cloud as of 2020, and Eno, our chatbot, is widely written about as an example of a long line of Capital One innovations.
Founded by former strategy consultants, Capital One is also a strategy driven company. The Emerging Technology Intelligence team sits within Corporate Strategy and engages on emerging technologies with the aim of driving a step-change in the direction and performance of the company. The Emerging Technology Intelligence function involves both 'always-on' scanning of new technologies and running focused 'strategy cycles' to recommend a course of action for the company for emerging technologies with transformational potential.
Capital One is regularly recognized as one of the best places to work, including as part of the Fortune Magazine Top 100 Companies to Work For. We have been recognized as a top workplace for diversity, women, the LGBTQ community, working parents and military veterans. Our associates flourish in our open culture where a meritocracy of ideas and harnessing collective wisdom trump titles and hierarchy. We proudly bring together associates with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences in an environment where they can challenge the status quo and reimagine money to inspire life. THE ROLE:
The newly created Emerging Technology Intelligence function is responsible for understanding the emerging technology landscape (e.g., Web3, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Quantum computing, Metaverse, NFT's, new payments technologies) and advising the most senior leadership on the potential impact on Capital One.
We are looking for a Senior Associate who will be the 'engine' of Emerging Technology Intelligence function and own the execution of the most critical activities. Key responsibilities include:
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Keeping tabs with what is going on in the world of emerging technologies, reading articles from thought-leaders, attending webinars, speaking with internal experts, and connecting with external thought leaders (e.g., industry analysts, Venture Capital funds, start-ups)
- Developing 'deep-dive' materials on previously identified high potential emerging technologies, creating an easy to follow story of 'what has happened', 'why do we care', and 'so what do we do about it'
- Engage with stakeholders across Capital One to better understand the specific use cases for an emerging technology and develop a recommended plan of action
- Curiosity : You thrive in finding out all there is to know about an emerging technology - including staying on top of market developments, internal developments at capital one, and thinking of how emerging technologies can disrupt the status quo
- Problem solving : You can wade through the hype and technical jargon to clearly separate the 'signal vs. noise' for an emerging technology, making clear recommendations as to where the most value is for Capital One
- Communication : You can communicate the 'so what' insights in a compelling manner to influence senior business leaders in the company
- Technology interest : You are 'tech comfortable' with an excitement to learn about emergent technologies; experience in technology strategy development, technology-centered venture capital, and/or research coverage of a technology company are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years experience in strategy consulting, equity research and/or venture capital
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrably strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust workstream management skills, including thoughtful attention to detail and skillful balancing of multiple priorities
- Fantastic interpersonal skills, with experience influencing decision-making outside your core team
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $108,669 - $128,205 for Sr. Associate, Strategy
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).