AARP's Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) Group includes Membership, Content and Editorial, Customer Experience, External Relations, Brand Strategy and Strategic Communications. Across paid, earned, shared and owned channels, ICM manages AARP's reputation, drives engagement and member growth, and showcases AARP's mission and value through one, integrated voice.
Within the Membership Lifecycle Management Team, the AARP Membership Lifecycle Management Intern serves as an internal strategic, marketing, and operations team member for a combination of membership, member benefits, and key strategic marketing projects. This position will support developing key business enablers to improve the AARP member lifecycle. Knowledge of marketing, strategy, analysis and business development is preferred. The intern will support various projects working with top leaders across the team to develop a broad knowledge base of marketing, strategy, operations, member experience, and benefit development. We seek an intern for summer 2023 who is eager to contribute to critical team projects and challenging goals while learning key business practices. Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver strategic projects, provide program support, and craft marketing recommendation
- Evaluate opportunities to leverage the capabilities within AARP to deliver maximum value and enhance the member lifecycle
- Apply innovative thinking and problem-solving to new and strategic membership, member value, and member experience opportunities
- Use data and insights to evaluate the needs and wants of members
- Provide insightful analysis of markets and companies
- Develop and manage project plans to ensure coordination and execution
- Assist members of the team on projects related to strategy and implementation, benefit development, and member marketing
- Recommend opportunities to infuse value throughout the member lifecycle
- Conduct internet research on emerging trends in categories such as consumer behavior, industry solutions, competitive landscape, etc.
- Prospective interns must be enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university; and be considered rising undergraduate juniors or seniors, graduate students, or post-doctorate students
- AARP also considers non-traditional interns looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers; this may include those who have previously graduated from college and are enrolled in a continuing education program.
To achieve success in this intern role, the following skills are important:
- Marketing interest, experience, and/or relevant coursework
- Social media interest, experience, and/or relevant coursework
- Internet and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Team attitude
- Initiative and ability to work independently
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement and discretion requiring the employee to compare and evaluate various courses of conduct and make a decision (or recommend a decision to be made) after various possibilities have been considered.
- In office/open office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate noise
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories. Compensation and Benefits
The hourly range is $18 for undergraduates, $21 for graduate students, $28 for Ph.D. candidates. Internships are non-exempt positions and are not eligible for employee benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.