Sales Manager, Learning Products
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
This position is responsible for the sale of ASHA Professional Development learning products to organizations who desire to provide continuing education to their employees. The person in this position will become educated about the market and identify customer needs, develop prospective leads, close sales, and execute fulfillment. The person in this position works in a team environment with Association colleagues to ensure that ASHA uses the most efficient and effective strategies to achieve organizational sales and marketing goals. The individual will exhibit strong relationship management skills by fostering collaboration, valuing other perspectives, and gaining support through excellent oral and written communication skills. Superior customer service with the ability to foster long-term relationships with clients are hallmarks of this position. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, goal oriented, enthusiastic, and passionate about sales.
- Responsible for the sale of continuing education learning products produced by ASHA Professional Development.
- Possesses the ability and the passion to make cold calls to organizations representing different work settings that employ audiologists and speech-language pathologists. Possesses strong leadership skills and a proven ability to “close the deal.”
- Responsible for providing high levels of customer care and building long-lasting relationships with both internal and external clients. Also responsible for establishing and nurturing client rapport by developing strong relationships with key decision makers.
- Responsible for negotiating prices and terms and preparing sales agreements.
- Must track all sales in CRM and keep database current by updating account information regularly.
- Responsible for generating ideas to maximize organizational sales strategy.
- Responsible for setting up tracking and measurement reports and regularly updating senior management. Must have a basic understanding of market research and analytics.
- Collaboratively work with a marketing manager to develop and execute collateral in support of organization sales.
- Create, plan, and deliver sales presentations to educate decision makers about products that are available for new and existing businesses.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Successful completion of a marketing or related bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability in quota-based sales with a background in cold calling and full-cycle sales experience. Demonstrated track record of sales growth and quota attainment.
- Passionate about relationship building and cross-functional collaboration — able to foster positive, collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand and answer detailed questions from clients about products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market opportunity, prioritize leads, close sales, and develop sales forecasts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Association Management System, and Salesforce.com.
- Familiarity with social media marketing and outreach.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Highly self-motivated.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to think strategically AND have strong logistical and executional skills.
- Professional maturity and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 2–3 weeks per year.