Bowie State University
Associate Director of Clinical Training and Field Placement
$67,000 - $71,409
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, manage, and support all field placements, field instructors, and field liaisons.
- Design and deliver orientation and training to students, field instructors, and field liaisons.
- Maintain partnership agreements with field agencies and associated documentation.
- Develop collaborative relationships with community stakeholders and practicum sites.
- Facilitate integration of field education with other components of the curricula.
- Collaborate with faculty on selection and assessment of field agency selection and placements.
- Plan, schedule, and staff field education seminar courses.
- Work with the leadership team to maintain accreditation standards and assessment.
- Initiate, plan, and implement programming for students to enhance the learning environment and provide opportunities for feedback.
- Participate in faculty meetings, professional, and public service.
- Serve on departmental and college committees.
These are the job duties for required of the position
A Master’s degree in Counseling. Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, or eligible to receive license in the state of Maryland. Certified School Counselor, or eligible to receive certification in the state of Maryland.
A minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in field education in academic settings. Experience with non-traditional adult learning and online teaching. Successful experience in a comparable position at another academic institution. Experience as a leadership professional in the area of counseling.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CACREP AND CEAP Accreditation Standards.
- Solid administrative, leadership, management, and supervisory knowledge and skills.
- Organizational, time management, and detail-oriented abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to engage and work with diverse stakeholders in the department, college, university, and larger community.
- Knowledge of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database capabilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with a diverse student population.
- Evidence of effective academic-community collaboration.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged but not required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
Generous benefits package
- Paid time off— 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days;
- Comprehensive health insurance— health, dental and vision, life and disability;
- Retirement options;
- Tuition remission for employees and their dependents at University System of Maryland schools.
To apply: https://bowiestate.peopleadmin.com/postings/2471