Dewberry's Architecture Team
is seeking an energetic Interior Designer
with well-rounded experience to join our Fairfax, VA or Orlando, FL
office. Experience in Federal/Local Government, Commercial and Corporate building types is desirable. This position requires a minimum of 3 years overall experience where you will develop and execute appropriate design solutions as well as have overall project responsibility for client satisfaction, and quality control.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. When you join Dewberry, you're joining an established firm that consistently ranks among top 50 Building Design + Construction's Giants 300. You're not only working alongside a diverse group of professionals who provide award-winning solutions to public and private sector clients, you're working on complex challenges and highly-visible projects that transform communities and improve the quality of life. Our commitment to excellence stems from a strong culture that focuses on core values and behaviors that are categorized into five groups - honestly, passion, contribution, individualism, and perseverance which we call "Dewberry at Work," these guide our work and have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they are able to collaborate on single or multiple interiors projects, including all phases of design. Develop space plan concepts and generate program/construction documents. Participate in selection of FF&E, color palettes, material selections, furniture systems and specifications. Provide project team coordination for the drawings, specifications and materials. Provide expertise in material selections. Prepare contract documents and work with consultants, contractors, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives. Review work of consultants for coordination purposes. Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and samples and assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities. Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Bachelor of Interior Design and/or Architecture degree from an accredited University is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in interior Design.
- NCIDQ certificate and State license is preferred, ability to obtain licensure will be considered.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit (BIM), SketchUp and other modeling programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications.
- Strong visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Ability to manage all phases of interiors projects, including project set-up, programming, design, and construction administration.
- Strong technical background including knowledge of building codes, construction materials, and construction techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and LEED Accredited Professional or Green Globes credential is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- A design portfolio demonstrating interior design experience will be required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.