Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat is seeking a Clinical Contract Administrator to join the fast-paced corporate contracts unit. The ideal candidate will support the full life cycle of clinical contract management activities.
This role is eligible for a virtual or hybrid work arrangement.Job Responsibilities:
• Provide contractual support on government and commercial clinical research projects.
• Prepare, negotiate and review complex contracts related to research studies and clinical trials including Clinical Site Agreements, Master Services Agreements, NDAs, MTAs, DTA/DUA/BAAs, Subcontractor and Vendor Agreements.
• Support vendor and subcontractor negotiation process.
• Administer pre and post award activities related to government and commercial sponsored clinical trials including overall management and monitoring of agreements with external partners.
• Ensure contractual documents sufficiently meet regulatory obligations and company policies and procedures.
• Perform risk assessments to identify contract and financial risks.Basic Qualifications:
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree or 4-7 years of relevant work experience required.
• 5 years of clinical contracts experience.
• Knowledge of the FAR and FDA regulations.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master's Degree
• Experience with federally funded clinical projects and/or HHS sponsored clinical research.
• Knowledge of GCP and GDPR.
• Experience with SharePoint and Deltek products.Minimum Qualifications:
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.