Dewberry's Mid-Atlantic Water Group, which includes our Fairfax, Virginia Beach,
and Richmond, VA,
and Baltimore, MD
offices, is seeking a Water/Wastewater Project Manager
to manage small and medium water/wastewater projects for public utility clients. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a team of energetic, highly engaged professionals in Dewberry's growing Water Market Segment.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
- Manage a variety of water/wastewater projects for public utility clients.
- Manage planning, design, and construction phase projects while interfacing and coordinating with other engineering disciplines, technicians, inspectors, and permitting specialists.
- Contribute to the continued growth of our Water Market Segment through performing business development and client management activities, including proposal preparation and client interaction through active participation in professional associations.
- Effectively understand and communicate project expectations to project team and client.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring of junior staff.
- Employ earned value management principles to prepare and monitor project work plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Expand technical knowledge and professional network by attending seminars, workshops, and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and actively participating in State and/or National professional associations through committee involvement and technical presentations.
Required Skills & Required Experience
Don't meet every single requirement? At Dewberry we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for our employee's. So if you're excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the position description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in the water/wastewater field.
- P.E. in Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, or Washington DC, or the ability to obtain them through reciprocity within one year of start date.
- Specific experience preparing reports and design plans and specifications for municipal water and wastewater system projects in Virginia, including pump stations, tanks, and pipelines.
- Experience coordinating engineering work and interfacing with other disciplines as needed.
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Must have proven and strong verbal and written communication skills.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.