DutiesMaking a Difference: HUD's Mission
HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination and transform the way HUD does business.
As a/an RESTRUCTURING ANALYST (AHP)
, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Ensure timely submission of Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) forms for various actions as required by outstanding RAD directives, trains PHAs and owners on proper completion of these forms and makes recommendations for action by a Recap Transaction Specialist or supervisor.
- Review documentary submissions from PHAs and owners in response to RAD requirements and makes recommendations for action by a Recap Transaction Specialist or supervisor.
- Prepare and write Housing Assistance Program (HAP) contracts for review by a Debt Restructuring Specialist, Recap Transaction Specialist, or supervisor.
The official duty station for this position will be in Washington, District of Columbia.
Failure to report to duty at this location may be grounds for a disciplinary action, including removal. Key Requirements:
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form i-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Please refer to "Additional Information Section for additional Conditions of Employment."
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. Specialized Experience:
For the GS-12
, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11
grade level in the Federal service.
for this position includes:-Performing activities related to affordable rental housing including project based rental assistance, public housing, project based vouchers, housing choice vouchers, or other affordable housing programs such as HUDs Section 202 and Section 236 programs, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, or other federal and state agency multifamily housing programs; AND
-Performing activities for the preservation of affordable housing including Section 8 project based rental assistance contracts or financing of affordable housing construction or rehabilitation.; AND
-Experience producing memoranda, tracking systems, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports for the use of staff and management.; AND
-Collaborating with Federal, state, and local government officials, or development teams on a variety of affordable housing development or recapitalization matters.
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service .
One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.Time-in-Grade:
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement
, if applicable:
For the GS-12
you must have been at the GS-11
level for 52 weeks.Time After Competitive Appointment:
Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (CONTINUED):
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation incentive will not be paid.
- A recruitment incentive may be paid to newly appointed (non-Federal) applicants. A service agreement will be required.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on working in a real estate related business, and having Section 8 tenants, along with other prohibited interests and activities. To review applicable ethics rules and HUD specific restrictions, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics .