As a Research Economist, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Develop and maintain metrics and reporting systems for risks to the financial stability of the United States.
- Monitor, investigate, and report on changes in system-wide risk levels and patterns to the Council and Congress.
- Conduct, coordinate, and sponsor research to support and improve regulation of financial entities and markets.
- Evaluate and report on stress tests or other stability-related evaluations of financial entities overseen by the member agencies.
- Maintain expertise in such areas as may be necessary to support specific requests for advice and assistance from financial regulators.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume. Key Requirements: Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National Public Trust background investigation will be required Qualifications
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Specialized experience for the Band 70 (GS 15):
An applicant must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the (BAND 60) (GS-14) in the Federal service.Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Producing major reports and briefing materials on financial market and financial institution topics related to financial stability; AND
- Writing research papers published in academic, peer-reviewed journals related to economic or topics on financial markets, financial institutions, or financial stability; AND
-Leading researcher and analyst teams on projects, coordinating organization resources and process improvements.Examples that meet the specialized experience include:
-Serving as a senior subject matter expert and project lead on reports or initiatives related to financial stability, monetary policy, or other macroeconomic issues or conditions. OR
-Applying quantitative analytical and research techniques to examine questions concerning financial market and financial institution issues relevant for financial stability and writing or co-authoring papers based on that research that have been published in a relevant academic, peer-reviewed journal or a government working paper series. OR
- Developing reports and briefing materials of financial or statistical analysis and trends for presentation to senior leaders.Examples that do not meet the specialized experience include:
-Experience related to budgeting, corporate financial analysis, accounting, cost-benefit analysis, cost effectiveness, procurement, data management, data operations, IT management of data, operations research, marketing research, equity or fixed income or other securities analysis; AND/OR
-Experience as a minor contributor to an organization's reports and publications; AND/OR
-Teaching experience below the college or university level and/or outside the fields of economics, finance, or mathematics.Research experience on topics related to financial stability is preferred but not required. EducationEducation Requirements: Basic Requirements for Economist, 0110
Economics, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus. OR B. Combination of education and experience:
Courses equivalent to a major in economics, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions . Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Public Trust - Background Investigation will be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Eleven paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits