The SSBCI Management Analyst (Compliance and Reporting) duties and responsibilities include the following but not limited to:
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other SSBCI Management Analyst (Compliance and Reporting), GS-0343-14, FPL GS-14 positions within the Minority Business Development Agency in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide leadership and guidance to the identification and mitigation of program risks by identifying the risk tolerances of senior-level executives and other stakeholders to determine overall acceptable levels of risk; conduct risk analysis to identify and prioritize risks; characterize threats and opportunities to determine mitigation strategies.
- Exercises technical and programmatic responsibility for project oversight, planning, risk management, quality control and assurance, and financial management.
- Conduct studies to identify and resolve problems affecting program requirements.
- Identifies and analyzes critical problems and issues, the timing and sequence of key program events and milestones, resource utilization and constraints, and coordination of management controls.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, explain findings resulting from program analysis with senior level executives.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use of possession of drugs.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/)
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Drug Test Required: No
- License required: No
- Pre-employment physical required: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE form 450): No
- Permanent Change of Duty Station (PCS) Expense: will not be paid
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
You must possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is defined as:
- Experienced and familiar with budget processes for funding at or above $50M.
- Knowledge and familiarity with risk management and internal controls.
- Experience briefing senior executive management.
There is no positive education requirement for this position. Additional informationThis is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT of Announcement Number: MBDA-OND-2023-11682647. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.
This temporary appointment may be made for up to 1 year and may be extended up to 1 additional year. If the public health emergency or pandemic continues, requests for extensions of appointments beyond 24 months may be submitted through Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) to Office of Personnel Management (OPM) on a case-by-case basis.