RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Leads and facilitates test and evaluation efforts for assigned portfolio and systems such as Soldier systems, aviation and fires systems, mounted systems, and Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4) systems.
- Responsible for developing and executing analytically sound evaluation methodologies that will be used to determine if assigned systems perform as expected and support Soldiers while accomplishing missions.
- Identifies evaluation measures and metrics to evaluate system performance against requirements in order to determine whether the identified system is providing the desired capabilities.
- Coordinates with test personnel to ensure test scope and design are sufficient to meet evaluation objectives and will provide adequate data to support the identified analytical approach and methodology.
- Analyzes collected test data based on identified evaluation measures and metrics. Assists team lead and team members in identifying key findings and observations based on data analysis.
- Coordinates with team members to ensure a consistent, analytically sound evaluation methodology is being used for all assigned systems. Coordinates with team members to ensure all evaluation planning and reporting products are delivered on time.
- Writes reports to Army senior leaders that identify capabilities and limitations of systems being evaluated to support their decisions on procurement and fielding.
QualificationsThis announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278e) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- This position is subject to a Temporary Duty or business travel requirement of 25% or less of the time. Must be willing and able to travel on military and commercial aircraft.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for Test and Evaluation Certification within 60 months of entrance on duty.
- A two year trial/probationary period may be required.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Education Requirement for Engineering - 0800 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); OR (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure - Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test - Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination, or any other written test required for professional registration, by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses - Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in A above. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program.
4. Related Curriculum - Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. (You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts along with a letter of reference stating that you have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. The letter must be signed by the engineer who provided the professional engineer supervision. It must also include their name, phone number, and list their engineer credentials such as engineer education or professional certificates).Basic Education Requirement for Physical Scientist - 1301 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
B. Combination of Education and Experience: Education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.Basic Education Requirement for Operations Research - 1515 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in operations research; or a bachelor's degree with at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.Basic Education Requirement for Data Science Series - 1560 series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science or field directly related to the position. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position.
B. Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major field of study (30 semester hours) as shown in paragraph A above, plus additional education or appropriate experience.
In addition to meeting one of the basic requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: 1) Solving test and evaluation problems in an assigned commodity area; 2) Applying data analysis techniques; and 3) Applying program and/or project management techniques.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02 or GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required specialized experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using specialized experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service. Remote work is not authorized.
- Recruitment incentive and/or relocation incentive may be authorized if it is determined to be in the best interests of the Government.
- The NH-03 band is equal to the GS-12 step 01 through GS-13 step 10. This position is subject to the NH-03 Senior Professional/ Evaluator/ Tester/ Analyst equivalent control point of the ATEC Control Point Policy at $138,868 per year (Includes locality pay).
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 16 - Engineers & Scientists (Non-Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .