RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide direct patient care services in a full patient care hospital.
- Examine, diagnose, treat and/or prevent allergic and immunologic diseases and their complications (such as pollen, chemical and food allergies, asthma and AIDS).
- Care for long term chronic and difficult cases such as chronic congenital immunology deficiency, asthma and allergies.
- Train in evaluation, physical and laboratory diagnosis, and management of disorders involving the immune system.
- Orders and interprets exercise challenges (such as PFTs and Skin Tests)
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation may be required.
- This position may require the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees will may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position may be a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees may be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening may be required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
- May be required to obtain and maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- Moderate to heavy lifting up to 50pounds may be required.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Requirement for Physician (Allergy & Immunology):
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.Licensure:
Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.Graduate Training:
Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Residency Training
: Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Internal Medicine or Pediatrics) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.If you are selected for a Physician position:
A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This consists of the Activity Compensation Panel adding base pay and market pay to determine your starting salary and this will be provided to you once approved.Salary for physician positions is based on a tier scale, determined by the position specialty, grade and location. This announcement may be used to fill positions at any of the tiers listed below:
EducationSee Qualifications section for education requirements Additional information
- Tier 1: $111,035 - $282,480
- Tier 2: $115,000 - $306,600
- Tier 3: $130,000 - $336,000
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is temporary, full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
- Intermittent Positions: This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis." This position will NOT lead to a full-time position.
- Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
- Temporary Positions: A temporary position is time limited and may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment.
- Term Positions: A term position is time-limited and may be extended to a maximum of eight years.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- Position may be designated as Key.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.