PROJECT MANAGER, JR. PROJECT MANAGER POSITION
Project Manager, Jr. Project Manager
Position #: 127922
The role of the Junior Project Manager within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines and within budget under the supervision of the head of the project management group. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Junior Project Manager will also assist in defining the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The Junior Project Manager is expected to manage multiple (2-3) mid-level projects with minimal support.
In addition to managing internal and/or external projects, the Junior Project Manager will support the continuous improvement cycle of the PMO. Activities may include identifying opportunities and facilitating improvements, creating or updating PMO assets, overseeing and/or supporting PMO service delivery, facilitating training of other DIT staff or students, attendance and facilitation of Community of Practice sessions, and/or other improvement or support efforts led by the PMO.
Education: Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-4 years of experience managing projects, or related work experience.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience in IT settings preferred.
- Experience with Smartsheet or similar PM tool.
- Experience working with a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system (such as Salesforce).
PMP, CAPM or ITIL certification preferred
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage designed to help you and your family live a healthy lifestyle.
- Flexible work opportunities
- UMCP Tuition Remission for employees, and their dependents to grow and achieve greatness.
- Generous paid time off package to address work/life balance and maintain well-being.
- Retirement Benefits created to aid employees in reaching future retirement goals.
- And many more…
Salary range $85,000-$95,000
**This position does not provide sponsorship for Visas.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers required to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Walking to partner and customer offices.
Best consideration date: 12/22/2022 or open until filled
Please apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/102324
Vaccine protocol: The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Background Check: Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.