Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat is seeking a Software developer to be a part of corporate IT team developing web and mobile applications to support its varied business needs, using cutting edge technologies, tools and Cloud environments. This is a full time remote position.Job Responsibilities:
• Participating in the design and development of Web, Mobile and Desktop applications.
• Writing clean, functional & secure code.
• Test and trouble shoot software issues.
• Collaborate with the design team to implement UI design to web applications.
• Interact with project stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements.
• Work collaboratively with a team and communicate well.
• Keeping up to date with the latest technology and programming trends.Basic Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or related fields.
• 2 plus years of experience in a Web or Software Developer role.
• Experience working with ASP.NET, PHP or any other web development framework.
• Experience with programming languages like C#, Java, or TypescriptPreferred Qualifications:
• Experience working with .NET Core & Entity Framework.
• Knowledge or experience working with Blazor UIs.
• Familiarity with relational databases like SQL Server and knowledge of JSON data formats.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.