RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Knowledge of systems engineering, integration, testing, and quality assurance of wireless/wired networks.
- Serve as a reviewer for technical accuracies within the list of materials, network designs, timelines, cutover plans, and travel requests from contractual support.
- Provides guidance / technical oversight on the design of local area networks or wireless local area networks.
- Provides guidance and oversight acceptance / operational testing of IT systems or equipment installed to ensure conformance with user requirements.
- Develops criteria, procedures, plans, or reports for conducting surveys supporting medical networks.
- Completes IT/engineering projects including planning, development, or technical evaluation of network components.
- Provides briefings to senior level management or customer stakeholders.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. If the security clearance is denied or revoked, the individual may be denied or removed from the position, accordingly.
- This position requires submission of Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, upon entering the position and annually thereafter.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
To view the OPM education requirement for the Engineering (800 Series) go to: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdf
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (Engineering Series):
Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor's degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
Professional registration or licensure -- Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT), or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your current registration as an Engineer Intern/Engineer In Training or a copy of your license as a professional engineer.
Written Test -- Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination or other written test for professional engineer registration.
Specified academic courses -- Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
Related curriculum -- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field, e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.
NOTE: You must provide a letter of reference stating that you have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. The letter must be signed by the engineer who provided the professional engineer supervision. It must also include their name, phone number, and engineer credentials (i.e. engineer education or professional certificates). Lack of this documentation will make you ineligible to be referred.NOTE: An applicant who meets the basic requirements as specified in A or B above, except as noted under B.1., may qualify for positions in any branch of engineering unless selective factors indicate otherwise.
NOTE: A SF-50 reflecting that you currently or formerly served as an Engineer for the Federal Government is NOT qualifying supporting documentation for the basic requirement. You MUST submit either your transcripts, current registration as a professional engineer, EIT examination results, and/or supporting documentation based on your claim of the basic requirement, as applicable. Lack of this documentation will make you ineligible to be referred.
(You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts along with a letter of reference stating that you have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. The letter must be signed by the engineer who provided the professional engineer supervision. It must also include their name, phone number, and list their engineer credentials such as engineer education or professional certificates).
To view the OPM education requirement for the Computer Science (1550 series) go to: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1500/computer-science-series-1550/
BASIC EDUCATION REQUIREMENT - (COMPUTER SCIENTIST)
Bachelor's degree in computer science OR bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. NOTE: You MUST submit a copy of your transcripts.In addition to meeting the education requirement above, applicants must also possess the following basic education requirement:Experience required
: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.Specialized experience:
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Manage information systems engineering, integration, test, or quality assurance for supported equipment. (2) Perform site preparation, facility validation, installation, quality assurance, or testing for information system projects. (3) Review/analyze reports, financial documents or contract information. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-02 or GS-11).Education
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for (Practitioner) certification within 60 months as of entrance on duty. The certification completion timeframe may change from 24 months to 60 months upon approval of the DoDI 5000.66, change 3.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP)16 - Engineers & Scientists (Non-Construction) position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) is participating in an alternative personnel system known as the Acquisition Demonstration Project. The NH-03 pay band is equivalent to the GS-12, Step 01 to GS-13, Step 10; this position, however, is subject to an internal organization control point at the NH-03 Non-Supervisory Journey Professional control point via CECOM control point policy and therefore pay may not be set above the GS-13, Step 05 level.
- This is a DoD Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (Acq Demo) position in the NH-03 broadband, subject to the CECOM control point policy. Management will set the pay for this position consistent with the qualifications and education of the selectee and the expected contribution for the position.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 3 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.