Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire CNA students who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As a CNA student, you will:
• Desire certification as a nursing assistant and engages in professional development through participation in the Adventist HealthCare Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program.
• Develop the clinical competence required of the certified nursing assistant (CNA) role, leading to successful performance in the CNA role at Adventist HealthCare.
• Develop clinical competence through a variety of modalities, including classroom, simulation and clinical application of learning on patient care units (clinical hours overseen by educator). Clinical competence includes technical skills (example: VS, Accu-check, mobility devices, activities of daily living, feeding) and interpersonal skills (example: building relationships with patients and team members).
• Demonstrate a positive outlook on safety, lifelong learning, professionalism and patient experience throughout the program
• High School diploma
• English proficiency: reading, writing and spoken
• Background check required for healthcare employees
• Basic computer skills
•Demonstrates a positive outlook on safety, lifelong learning, professionalism and patient experience throughout the program
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Six week training program, (8a-4p, M-F) concluding with certification once student completes all training program requirements. Upon receiving CNA certification by Maryland Board of Nursing, the CNA graduate will continue employment at the AHC assigned entity.
This is for the cohort 5, starting on February 6, 2023.
•No program fees
•CNA students are full time compensated AHC employees
•Quality classroom learning experience, so trainees learn best practices for clinical outcomes and patient experience
•Real-life clinical training in a hospital setting so trainees can learn practical, real-world skills
•Training materials and two sets of scrubs are provided
•No prior patient care experience is necessary
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.