RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will be responsible for all pre-award and post award functions for a variety of the most complex contracts and grant awards including cost and/or price analysis, negotiations and administration.
- You will provides technical guidance and advice to USU faculty, staff, and managers at all levels to assist them in accomplishing their education and research goals quickly and in a cost effective manner.
- You will provide senior level guidance and advice to requestors and participates in the development and maintenance of an acquisition plan for large multi-year acquisitions.
- You will provide senior level guidance and advice to requestors and participates contracting objectives and methods are established and service-oriented goals are clearly set.
- You will provides training to contract specialists, contracting officer representatives (COR) and customers.
- You will assist in the development of templates, and drafting of standard operating procedures (SOP).
- You will be responsible for managing lower level Contracting Specialist with their own workload of assigned contract actions.
- You will assist the Chief of the Operations Division in workload assignment, reviews and signs contract awards, provides training to contract specialists, contracting officer representatives (COR) and customers.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain warrant authority above the small purchase threshold.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position GS-14, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: leading a team of Contracting Specialists in commercial acquisitions to include source selections, IT hardware and services, medical research and research support contracts, grants and cooperative agreements, GPC, and customer training on contracting strategies, laws, and regulations for the procurement of goods and services.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
And the title 10 requirements found here: http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title10-section1724&num=0&edition=prelim
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
Applicants must meet the following Basic Education Requirement of the Department of Defense Qualification Standard for Contracting Positions:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
NOTE: The education requirement listed above applies only to individuals entering DoD GS-1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current civilian personnel in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000 are exempt from meeting this requirement. Current military members who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent) 1102 or before September 30, 2000 are also exempt from meeting this requirement.Additional informationCOVID VACCINATION INFORMATION:
To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
This position is eligible for full time telework. Your pay will depend on your geographic location.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.