Locations: Sales - DE - Wilmington, United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Distinguished Engineer (Remote Eligible)
Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors who strive to be diverse in thought so we visualize the problem space. At Capital One, we believe diversity of thought strengthens our ability to influence, collaborate and provide the most innovative solutions across organizational boundaries. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact our trajectory and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions.
At Capital One, we believe in the values of excellence and doing the right thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale.
Distinguished Engineers are...
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Distinguished Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
Whether a member of our engineering or architecture teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
In the data group we are in the journey of securing, standardizing, modernizing our data ecosystem and as a member of our engineering teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Design and develop cutting-edge solutions, using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Capital One's most critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Provide technical vision, technical solutions and directions to build complex and sustainable data ecosystem / platform
- Lead, manage and grow our data ingestion, data refinement and data consumption teams.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage a highly reliable and scalable data pipeline.
- Build/Modernize our data refinement/ETL processes
- Oversee the implementation of solutions for tracking data quality, data consistency and lineage..
- Embrace and incubate emerging technology and open source products across all platforms
- Collaborate with enterprise teams on developing and adhering to the company standards in terms of validation rules, nomenclature, design and deployments.
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for automation and machine learning.
- Streamline the entire data ecosystem from end to end to ensure the most efficient , standard, privacy compliant processes possible.
- Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One's Tech talent
Capital One is open to hiring a remote employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in database management
- At least 5 years of experience in application development (Spark, Python, SQL, Java, Scala)
- Masters' Degree
- 10+ years experience architecting and delivering software systems or platforms
- 10+ years of data governance and security controls
- 8+ years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
- 4+ years of experience with Go
- 4+ years experience working with Docker
- 2+ years of experience building and managing Kubernetes
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City
- $260,592 and $307,440 for Distinguished Engineer
Location is Colorado
- $220,854 and $260,558 for Distinguished Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).