RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain a variety of construction, industrial, combat, tactical and power generation equipment.
- Repair and replace components of the cooling, braking, exhaust, power train, or hydraulic systems on combat and tactical, automotive, and powered support equipment.
- Remove, adjust or replace defective or worn parts and components.
- Perform operational inspections and ensure vehicles are properly serviced and repaired, perform preventative maintenance checks and services, and perform minor body work.
- Assist higher graded repairers in the performance of more complex repairs such as removing, repairing or replacing major components such as engines, transmissions, differentials, steering boxes, and fuel injection pumps.
- Operate motor vehicles to check work.
QualificationsThis position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit http://www.goarmy.com/reserve/jobs.html POSITION IS ANNOUNCED AS A STANDING REGISTER (OPEN CONTINUOUS RECRUITMENT):
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
- This position requires a Class A CDL within 90 days of employment.
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
First cutoff date to evaluate candidates will be 19 August 2022 at 11:59 PM. Application packages received after this date will be evaluated at a future cutoff date to be determined based on the needs of the agency. Application packages must be complete at the time referral certificates are issued. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period stated in the announcement.Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element):
Ability to do the work of a(n) Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer without more than normal supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: perform maintenance checks and services; conduct basic operation inspections to ensure the vehicles are properly serviced; and operate equipment to check work.Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.Physical Effort Required:
You may be required to work in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. Work frequently requires climbing on top of equipment or crawling under equipment to work on the various components. You will frequently have to bend, reach, stretch and crouch. Work is strenuous, often requiring the lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds. You will also push, pull, and turn heavy parts and equipment. You will move heavier items with assistance of other workers.Working Conditions:
Work inside and outside where you will be exposed to drafts, dirt, grease and vehicle fumes. You will be exposed to some inclement weather such as rain, snow, cold, and freezing temperatures; and may be required to work in mud and wet or icy areas when outdoors. Subject to burns, scrapes, cuts, bruises, shocks and strains.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Material Maintenance Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary is based on local prevailing rate.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/