Dewberry is currently seeking a Water Resources Engineering Intern for Summer 2023
to perform water resources work in our Fairfax, VA
*Local candidates preferred, no housing stipend provided
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Water Resources or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of water quality modeling, wastewater modeling, and water quality regulatory issues preferred.
- Previous coursework in hydrology and hydraulics preferred.
- Knowledge of floodplain delineation, storm water management, culvert and bridge hydraulics, and drainage design preferred.
- General skills in GIS preferred.
- Previous internship experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.