Senior Director of Government Relations
340B Health has an immediate opening for a Senior Director of Government Relations to join our growing team. This position works closely with the Senior Vice President of Government Relations to create and execute advocacy strategies needed to effectively represent the members of our organization on Capitol Hill, with the administration, and with other allied organizations in the 340B provider community. The Senior Director plays an integral role in expanding on existing and cultivating new relationships with congressional offices and outside organizations. This position also works closely with 340B Health member hospitals to engage in advocacy and educate them on legislative matters affecting their program.
- Work with the Senior Vice President of Government Relations, in concert with the legal and policy team, to develop and implement 340B Health’s policy agenda on Capitol Hill and with the administration
- Coordinate with member hospitals’ government relations committees and other staff to advance 340B Health legislative and regulatory priorities
- Engage in direct lobbying to cultivate strategic, bipartisan relationships with offices and committees on Capitol Hill
- Lead analysis of proposed legislative policies and help determine the potential impact on the organization’s membership
- Draft policy documents, one-pagers, congressional testimony, and other materials as needed
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant health policies and proposals impacting 340B hospitals
- Work with SVP of Government Relations to ensure the team is effectively tracking and meeting departmental goals
- Identify creative ways to execute legislative priorities and meet departmental goals
- Participate in all aspects of 340B Health’s Political Action Committee, including attending fundraising events on behalf of the organization
- Connect with outside organizations, such as consumer and patient groups and professional organizations, to garner support for the 340B program
- Present on 340B Health member webinars, at two annual conferences, and at state regional roundtables throughout the year
- Ensure team compliance with the Lobbying Disclosure Act and file quarterly reports on behalf of the organization
- Help organize and execute 340B Health fly-ins
- Some travel is required for this position
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant professional experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to think strategically while remaining attentive to details and deliverables
- Demonstrated analytical, writing, and communications skills
- Understanding of pharmaceutical policy, Medicare, Medicaid, and hospital issues a plus
- Enthusiasm for the political process and health care policy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Other Pertinent Information:
- We strive to create a meaningful work environment for all our employees, one in which diverse teams and diverse ideas are valued. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic. Hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds helps keep our organization vital and strong.
- Staff are currently in the office on a minimum of 2-3 days per week schedule during the COVID pandemic. A permanent policy governing the number of days required to work in the office has not yet been established. Candidates for this position must live in or be relocating to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and be able to work in the D.C. office.
- 340B Health requires all employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for use by the World Health Organization (WHO) be vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single-dose J&J/Janssen vaccine. 340B Health will consider exemption requests from candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious beliefs and those who claim an exemption under applicable state law.
- The description above is not intended to enumerate all duties and/or responsibilities of the position.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit the 340B Health career center to access the online application process for this position.
340B Health supports a collaborative working environment and recognizes the importance of each position’s value in meeting organizational goals. 340B Health offers an exceptional compensation package including competitive salary, health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, retirement plan matching, and more.
About the Organization:
As the leading trade association for hospitals that participate in the 340B drug pricing program, 340B Health plays a critical role in educating and informing policymakers and key constituencies on the vital role that 340B drug pricing plays in assisting hospitals to serve low-income populations. 340B Health also serves as the leading organization to educate hospital members about the ever-changing 340B regulatory landscape and compliance requirements.