Director of Grassroots and Political Engagement
340B Health has an immediate opening for a Director of Grassroots and Political Engagement to join our growing team. This position is responsible for supporting efforts through grassroots strategies and political support to positively impact the policy priorities for the association on Capitol Hill and with the administration. The Director of Grassroots and Political Engagement will manage our grassroots and political programs and work closely with 340B Health member hospitals to engage in advocacy.
- Manages Hill Fly Ins & Policy Workshops
- Oversee Impact Profiles, the grassroots program that details how 340B savings are used by members to serve low income and rural patients
- Develop and execute implementation, training, and communication programs to drive participation and highlight the importance of the information provided
- Manages government relations recognition and regional communications programs, Government Relations Committee, and all other Grassroots efforts
- Create strategic PAC plan to support 340B Champions and other relevant political candidates
- Present to membership and externally (at conferences, state events, and webinars) on importance of grassroots engagement and current initiatives
- Develop member engagement programs informing and instructing members at various levels within hospitals on how to effectively advocate for 340B at the state and federal level
- Manages 340B Health’s government relations data, including maintenance of grassroots toolkit website, tracking of legislative activity, and updating government relations contacts in membership database.
- Update 340B Health’s member hospitals on relevant legislative issues through regular communications, quarterly newsletter, Action Alerts, and other tools
- Plan PAC events, fundraisers, and email campaigns for Individual Members throughout the year to raise awareness and solicit contributions
- Identify MOC fundraisers, Create Giving Plan, oversee FEC filings, Manage PAC Board
- Hire, train, and manage government relations interns
- Attend and present at bi-annual conferences
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience
Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of the political landscape in Washington, DC
- Knowledge of congressional committees and legislative process
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience using government relations databases and software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Other Pertinent Information:
- We strive to create a meaningful work environment for all our employees, one in which diverse teams and diverse ideas are valued. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic. Hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds helps keep our organization vital and strong.
- Staff are currently in the office on a minimum of 2-3 days per week schedule during the COVID pandemic. A permanent policy governing the number of days required to work in the office has not yet been established. Candidates for this position must live in or be relocating to the Washington metropolitan area and be able to work in the Washington, D.C., office.
- 340B Health requires all employees for whom the COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for use by the World Health Organization (WHO) be vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after the single-dose J&J/Janssen vaccine. 340B Health will consider exemption requests from candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious beliefs and those who claim an exemption under applicable state law.
- The description above is not intended to enumerate all duties and/or responsibilities of the position.
How to Apply:
To apply please visit the 340B Health career center to access the online application process for this position.
340B Health supports a collaborative working environment and recognizes the importance of each position’s value in meeting organizational goals. 340B Health offers an exceptional compensation package including competitive salary, health, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, paid time off, retirement plan matching, and more.
About the Organization:
As the leading trade association for hospitals that participate in the 340B drug pricing program, 340B Health plays a critical role in educating and informing policymakers and key constituencies on the vital role that 340B drug pricing plays in assisting hospitals to serve low-income populations. 340B Health also serves as the leading organization to educate hospital members about the ever-changing 340B regulatory landscape and compliance requirements.