RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Performs a variety of tasks having several steps or a sequence of tasks that requires attention to work operations in a kitchen or dining area following established procedures.
- Sets up cafeteria lines, steam-tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages; replenishes as necessary.
- Serves food by order and proper proportion. Break down and cleans tables and area when meal is finished and returns dishes and food to the kitchen area. Makes cold sandwiches using prepared ingredients. Washes tables and counters.
- Scrapes, soaks, scours, and scrubs heavy cooking utensils such as mixing bowls or pots. Separates food waste and trash from dishes, glasses, and silverware. Loads dishwashers. Stores cleaned dishes, glasses and silverware.
- Cleans exhaust vents, hoods, windows, ceilings, and walls. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans; disposes of trash. May unload and store food from delivery trucks. Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2 to include a medical examination.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must be able to work evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs.
- May be required to complete a health assessment.
Ability to understand and follow simple instruction, and be able to use hand tools for cleaning and operating simple machines. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Local. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00PM by 12/31/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's best interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.