Digital Publications Analyst
APS is seeking to hire a Digital Publications Analyst who will provide digital analysis to stakeholders throughout Publications, and the Society in general, as we work to expand our user base, accelerate revenue growth and improve our products and services. Supports and performs daily tasks required for production of the strategic electronic development of the APS publications, especially the 16 APS peer-reviewed journals, within the Digital Publications Department. Ensures that Publications has the information needed to assess the performance of digital products and services to make decisions regarding publication performance improvements, product enhancements & features, and librarian relations business development. Specifically, performs tasks required for data analysis and monitoring the open access (OA) landscape with relation to data fulfillment required for institutional transformative agreements (i.e., Read & Publish).
The American Physiological Society (APS) was founded in 1887 and is a global leader in expanding knowledge related to biological function. It connects a multidisciplinary community of nearly 10,000 scientists and educators from around the world, driving collaboration and spotlighting scientific discoveries in physiology and related disciplines. The members are advancing treatments and cures for everything from cancer and heart disease to obesity and addiction. They are also deepening insight into living organisms generally, helping us to better understand how things like climate change are affecting the world around us.
- Provide regular analysis needed to pursue growth objectives and optimize the publications business relating to features and services to readers, authors, editors, and members with a support on open access transformative librarian deal growth.
- Support Publisher–Digital and Analytics with day-to-day tasks including, but not limited to, development and maintenance of journal topic collections, XML editing and validation (i.e. metadata checks, PMC deposits, etc.)
- Manage and deploy APSselect program including monthly communication with EICs and nominations committee, ensure selection process is followed, provide certificates to winners and coordinate program promotion with Publications Marketing Manager.
- Regularly use bibliometrics tools provided by hosting service (i.e. Atypon Insights, etc.), and external industry tools (i.e. Clarivate Web of Science, Dimensions, etc.) to provide reporting and analysis, data updates, user support, and training.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for analytical digital stories for editor boards, libraries, internal stakeholders, and Publications Committee meetings in order to pursue growth objectives and optimize the business.
- Post and monitor use of social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Facebook) as dissemination channels for scientific publications and communications and prepares regular analysis for Publications.
- Monitor trends in scholarly digital publishing, with a concentration on the OA publishing landscape shift, in support of the APS publication strategy.
- Analyze and report on traffic trends for APS journal content utilizing Google Analytics and other metrics tools.
- Provide analysis directly to editorial external stakeholders regarding journal and digital performance.
- Update website content and communicate new features publicly.
- Analyze digital platform for enhancements and suggest improvements
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Publisher–Digital and Analytics and Publications Director–Digital, Marketing and Library.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Required bachelor’s degree – Science a plus 2+ years of relevant experience Knowledge of running analytic reports and assessing results (Excel skills required, Power BI a plus) Proficient oral and written communication skills, including collaboration skills Strong prioritization and time management skills, the ability to meet deadlines Accuracy and attention to detail High computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office products, HTML, and XML Social media tools (Hootsuite, Facebook, and Twitter)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change with or without notice.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position. APS offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits that include a 403(b)-retirement plan; holidays, generous annual and sick leave; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending; life and short- and long-term disability insurance. This is a Remote position.
All qualified applicants must send a cover letter including salary requirements with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals with Disabilities
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB/APS’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about APS, please visit: https://www.physiology.org
APS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.