RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Takes orders from patrons for food and beverages.
- Ensures customers are satisfied in service provided and takes action to correct any problems.
- Presents menus to patrons and answers questions about menu items.
- Prepares checks that itemize and total meal costs.
- Maintains sales record.
- Removes dishes and glasses and wipes down tables and counters.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- The work of waiters is usually performed inside with adequate lighting and heat, and are exposed to the possibility of cuts, bruises, and slippery floors when in the kitchen area.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j. Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Satisfactory completion of on-the-job training, and demonstrated competency must be achieved within a predetermined period of time.
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- Stands and walks for long periods. The work requires the use of both arms, hands, and legs, and involves prolonged standing, walking, reaching, and light lifting. Continually lifts and carries items weighing less than 10 pounds.
No prior training or work experience required.*This is a standing register, applicants will be sent to the hiring manager on a weekly basis as needed. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request. Education
There is no education requirement for this position. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the local commuting area of Fort Lee. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. by 12/27/2022 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.