RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Provide senior healthcare leadership on organizational, programmatic, and operational matters pertaining to the worldwide management of TRICARE private sector care for the provision of healthcare and dental care services.
- Provide subject matter expertise on healthcare matters and on complex program and operational issues and set the strategy for THP to support seamless integration between the direct care system and private sector care partners.
- Participate in the development, formulation, implementation, and advocacy of health care and dental care operational policies, MHS transformation, and program objectives of critical importance to the goals of the Secretary of Defense.
- Ensure TRICARE program compliance and adequacy in the areas of policy interpretation and administration.
- Ensure clearly defined lines of authority, responsibility and accountability are established for all assigned programs; develop plans and policies and ensure review and maintenance of program milestones.
- Serve as the senior health plan expert, responsible for contract management oversight and ensuring that on-going purchased care operations of the MHS are working smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensure that future needs are properly planned for, including policy for the introduction of new business practices, technologies and approaches to existing and future programs.
- Align and integrate work of THP to support annual goals and priorities as established by the DAD HCO, DHA Director, ASD(HA), and USD(P/R).
- Manage multiple projects and activities with varying timelines and due dates. Complete special projects as directed for high-priority issues that may be sensitive in nature and have short deadlines.
- Perform high-level data analyses, review program(s) schedule(s), develop information and decision papers and briefs, and assist on healthcare initiatives as required.
- Provide guidance on methodologies required to attain new strategies for the development of health care contract requirements.
- Provide guidance and expert level advice on long-range operating and management goals and objectives for program operations. Review results achieved by the TRICARE program and provide recommendations for program improvements.
- Advise the DAD HCO on capabilities and alternative strategies to accomplish assigned DHA mission-based functions, tasks and training objectives.
- Ensure proper and adequate program accomplishments and provide recommendations for improving program implementation.
- Chair or participate in various workgroups with representation by senior management officials from Federal, State or private sector organizations on DoD healthcare issues.
- Perform other executive duties as assigned.
QualificationsPlease read the vacancy announcement in its entirety before applying.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A comprehensive background investigation is required.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- The individual selected will be required to file an Executive Branch Personnel Financial Disclosure Report (OGE-278) in accordance with the Ethics in Government Act of 1978.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
This position is being advertised under delegated examining procedures and is open to all U.S. Citizens. Preference for eligible veterans will be applied.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show that you possess the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs), and other qualifications if applicable, listed below.MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately.
You are required to respond to all of the technical qualifications. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible. Please limit your written statements to no more than two (2) pages per technical qualification.
In-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry, with broad experience and understanding of one or more of the following: the MHS management; managed health care operations; TRICARE Program operations; other federal health programs; and/or senior leadership experience within a civilian or uniformed services healthcare facilities.MTQ 2:
Broad knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory procedures and processes, OMB and Congressional appropriation and budgetary processes/guidelines, and federal acquisition and contracting policies/procedures.MTQ 3:
Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex healthcare administration issues, recommend practical solutions, and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, on matters concerning technical and financial performance of major programs. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- This position is a Senior Level (SL) position in the federal government. Senior Level employees are in non-executive positions whose duties are broad and complex enough to be classified above the GS-15 level. Senior Level positions involve highly specialized and complex work.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two-year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position is not covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
- Recruitment or relocation incentives MAY be authorized for highly qualified candidates.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances MAY be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .