THIS JOB OPENING IS BEING USED TO FILL CURRENT AND FUTURE VACANT POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION AT VARIOUS SHIFTS, LOCATIONS AND ASSIGNED DAYS OFF. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the successful application of personnel, administrative and related management analytical techniques.
- Some college level courses or formal training in business administration, or a related field.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
This is confidential, professional, analytical, personnel administrative support work. The employee assists the Director (or designee) in processing a wide range of essential personnel, hiring and administrative support activities for employees within the Departments. The employee ensures the effective and efficient monitoring, tracking, and coordination of various employment actions, hiring, trainings, recruitment support and miscellaneous management activities, services and programs involving department employees. The employee coordinates the work and input of professional and managerial staff to ensure timely completion. The employee assists the Hiring Manager with coordination of various personnel, recruitment, hiring projects and particular needs of the offices. Employee initiates and maintains extensive contact with key personnel and officials throughout the Department and organization. Employee reviews established work tasks and project needs and requirements, develops procedures and guidelines to meet deadlines and assists the Directors (or designee) with planning, scheduling and coordinating administrative, recruitment and hiring related responsibilities. Major problems and developments are reviewed by the Directors (or designee) through conferences and reports, while recurring assignments are reviewed in terms of achieving personnel goals and Departmental objectives. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs personnel related tasks required to support all hourly and salaried personnel needs. Independently assesses the tasks at hand and determines the appropriate course of action necessary to resolve the issues. Advises Directors (or designee) of unusual problems or circumstances in a timely manner.
- Provides PAR oversight to include timely direction, corrective guidance and technical assistance to administrative and clerical support staff on all aspects of preparation and processing of personnel actions and related documents.
- Effectively ensures accuracy, timeliness, and the status of all PAR's, SPAR's, Pay-for-Performance, Performance Evaluations for employees, Position Requisitions, Job Descriptions and employee schedule pick documents used in tracking assigned personnel for the department. Inputs data in a timely manner in order to reflect the most up to date information.
- The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.