Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.Job Summary:
Westat has an immediate opening for a Survey Application Programmer to provide programming services for the support of automated questionnaire instruments for use in multimode surveys. This position would include the creation, coding and testing of survey instruments on multiple devices such as laptops, tablets and phones. Must be self-motivated and proficient at learning new software development environments.
Candidates with a broad survey data collection skill set would be preferred. Job Responsibilities:
• Develop or modify program code particularly Blaise CAI software.
• Support of Blaise instrument programming and reporting.
• Advise and create integrated applications using multiple techniques or application development languages.
• Perform testing of instruments and related programs, which may include creating test data, developing testing scenarios, and documenting results of testing.
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Work within a team environment with other developers and staff from other disciplines.Basic Qualifications:
• A bachelor's degree with 2 years of work experience, preferably in IT or research related field.
• Experience programming complex survey or data collection instruments using survey software authoring languages such as Blaise, Unicom or similar.
• Experience with some SQL server or relational databases. Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working in survey research.
• A Master's degree, preferably in IT or research related field. Minimum Qualifications:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, be detail oriented, ensure quality, and willingness to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work independently with effective time management skills.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and strong analytical skills.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.