Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.Job Summary:
Westat has an immediate opening for a research associate who will collaborate on research activities including study coordination, literature reviews, data analysis, presentations and reports. We are looking for an innovative, creative person to work collaboratively in our multidisciplinary tobacco research sector. You will work closely with team members with backgrounds in tobacco regulatory science, statistics, public health, psychology, data science, analytics, behavioral pharmacology, and other areas on the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, the Center for
Coordination of Analytics, Science, Enhancement and Logistics (CASEL) in Tobacco Regulatory Science, and other research efforts. You will be an integral member of this team.
This position is remote eligible.Job Responsibilities:
• Work as part of a team on high-profile projects that produce results.
• Work with study directors and project managers on the day-to-day operations of project tasks.
• Work with a team to understand project and task requirements and collaborate with colleagues to ensure work is completed on time and at the highest quality standards.
• Perform tasks for qualitative and/or quantitative research studies, including managing data collection, contributing to analysis and contributing to report writing.
• Collaborate on the writing of presentations and journal manuscripts using data from a variety of sources.
• Contribute to proposals and applications for grants, contracts and cooperative agreements focused on critical tobacco regulatory and tobacco control research topics.Basic qualifications:
• A master's degree in public health, sociology, psychology, communications, public administration, marketing or a related field.
• 1 year of demonstrated experience working in a research setting.Minimum Qualifications:
• Strong communication skills, administrative abilities, and the capability to handle multiple tasks while working with a team are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.